A block or block paving driveway, patio or path installed by Booth Tarmacadam will transform the look of your home into something really stylish and give it instant kerb appeal. Block paving ‘bricks’ are laid on a fully prepared sub-base, compacted before the joints are filled with kiln dried and sealed.
As expert block paving installers with years of experience, we can lay large and small scale areas of hard-wearing paving blocks to meet your specific needs and complement your property.
Correctly installed and sealed, block paving can be a really smart investment for your home. It is highly practical, especially if you intend to park a caravan on the driveway or use your patio to accommodate temporary structures such as gazebos or marquees.
• Very durable, extremely long lasting (25 years +)
• Weather resistant
• Suitable for some inclines
• Quick to lay by qualified professionals, with minimal disruption
• Can accommodate ‘point-loads’ (eg. weight through the feet of a caravan/marquee etc)
• Suitable for all shapes and sizes of driveway / paths / patios
• Virtually maintenance free – resealing may be appropriate every 2 years
Enjoy an unrivalled array of choices to suit your lifestyle, home, site and aesthetic...
• Selection of layout patterns eg. regular, herringbone, basket-weave
• Range of block materials, colours, shapes, sizes and textures to complement your property
• Quality guaranteed, batch-consistent paver products and permeable block pavers an option
• Incorporated bespoke patterns (like insignia, emblems or crowns) an option
• Area designation opportunities ie.dividing a single paved area into clear sections (eg path/ parking/ patio) via design, colours or kerbing
• Easy replacement of individual blocks - no need to resurface the whole or compromise with ‘patches’
Booth Tarmacadam Block-paving & Surfacing Specialists Suffolk I Find out more »
Like any home improvement investment, value for money is a key consideration when choosing surfacing for paths, patios or driveways. Tarmac surfacing may initially seem the quickest or most cost-effective option, but given the durability, lasting good looks and ease of repair of professionally installed paving, block pavers can be a smarter, long-term investment.
There are stylish concrete paving blocks (aka ‘bricks’) on the market to suit all budgets, as well as extra hard-wearing natural stone pavers whose looks can get even better with age! Admittedly involved patterns or designs will require more man-hours to lay, but they can really stamp individuality on a home.
Whatever your priorities, Booth Tarmacadam offer great advice during the no-obligation site survey. We will give you a competitive price for the job and ensure it is done as quickly and efficiently as possible, keeping you informed throughout the process.
At the site survey, we assess drainage options and consider possible planning implications. We will explain the paving or surfacing options, making sure that we understand your usage requirements (point-loads/ turning circles etc), preferred styling and design ideas.
With planning (if required) in place and quotes/ final materials/ timescales agreed, work starts with any necessary groundworks. (Safety checks around gas, electric, water pipes are standard).
A protective porous membrane precedes the min.10 cms sub-base for the block paving, all installed to guidelines. The nature of the sub-base depends on the drainage requirements and choice of finish. Linear drainage units installed are in crack-resistant, non-rusting stainless steel.
The main blocks are set in sharp sand to your design, then cut blocks added to complete it. If required, retainers, block edging or kerbs are concreted in for stability. The block paving is compacted to prevent sinking or shifting and sealed, with kiln dried sand inserted into the joints.
Interested in block-paving at your home or business premises? Do give us a call – we’re highly skilled, professional block paving surfacing specialists and we're local to Suffolk . We would love to help.
For a free quotation with no obligation to proceed